Natural Breast Augmentation in Pittsburgh, PA
For years, women have asked cosmetic surgeons, “Can you take some fat from down there and move it there?” Advanced Liposuction Centers’ Natural Breast Augmentation technique uses the advanced technology in fat transfers and breast augmentation to provide patients the option of enlarging their breasts using their own fat instead of using unnatural implants.
The procedure results in enlarged breasts that are very natural in texture and appearance, without risks associated with implants. We use proven techniques that are virtually pain free and with less than 48 hours of downtime. Also, unlike implants, fat transfers will not interfere with future mammograms.
Is Natural Breast Augmentation for me?
If you have been considering implants for a one to two cup size increase, natural breast augmentation is a more natural alternative. Women normally lose volume after breast feeding and aging. This treatment is a way to take your own body’s fat, and safely and permanently transfer the cells to your breasts. No need for silicon or saline, which often need replaced every 10 years.
Hard-to-lose fat in the abdomen, thighs and love handles can be gently removed are reused. The cells are collected and concentrated, and only the fat richest in stem cells are reintroduced into natural areas that nature left you lacking, whether it be it the breast or buttocks. Our no-scar approach allows for the highest survivability of the transferred cells, giving you a natural looking permanent breast increase that does not interfere with mammograms.
Fat transfers to the breasts have several advantages over implants, including:
- The fat used is a 100% natural substance coming from your own body
- Fat harvesting can be used to enhance curves and body shape
- Minimal incisions, reducing the risk of scars
- Very natural look and can be permanent
“I was never happy with the sagging and shrinkage in my breast that occurred after childbirth and breastfeeding. I did not want to have a painful breast lift procedure or implants. This procedure has given me back the breast that I had when I was 20.” – Recent ALC patient
During a liposuction, patients can choose to harvest the fat during the procedure, which means the fat is gently removed from the liposuction area (usually the abdomen, buttocks, thighs or love handles) with a small tool so the fat cell will not become damaged. Then, the fat is placed into a centrifuge which eliminates excess fluids and the dead fat cells are removed. From here, the fat is injected into the desired area (common areas include breasts, cheeks, forehead, neck, buttocks) with a small tool, either slightly under the wrinkle or, in some cases where there is a high vascularity inside of the muscle, the fat is placed in the deep layers of the muscle. The patient’s body will feel tight for a few days and he or she should rest and limit physical activity.
- Patients must arrange a family member or friend to drive them home after surgery. We recommend this person stays with the patient for 12 days postsurgery.
- Wear the compression garment for 2 days without removal. After 3 days, the garment can be removed and placed back on. Patients must wear the garment for 3 weeks.
- Patients may shower when they are comfortable. Baths should be avoided for 2 weeks. Hot tubs should be avoided until the incisions have closed.
- Keep treatment area as clean as possible to prevent infection.
- Patients should rest for the first 12 hours after surgery. Walking is encouraged immediately but strenuous exercise (lifting weights, aerobics, running) should be avoided for 23 weeks.
- Patients may be discolored and swollen, so it’s recommended to rest for at least 24 hours. Swelling can last up to 24 weeks.
- If patients experience nausea, stick to dry crackers and carbonated sodas. If not, patients may start slowly with bland food and liquids. Drink plenty of water.
- Alcohol combined with medication is dangerous, so carefully follow instructions with your medication.
- Patients should not smoke for at least 14 days after surgery.
- In order to ensure best results, follow all instructions from the doctor and his staff and visit us for your postoperative appointment(s).
When fat transfers are done correctly, results can last a lifetime! Call us today to schedule a free consultation on fat injections at 724-683-7581. Also, view our before and after gallery and testimonials to see what kinds of results can be achieved.
Fat transfers for breast augmentations require a larger amount of fat. Generally, Dr. Giraldo can enlarge the breasts 12 cups during a fat transfer. Enlargement beyond 2 cup sizes will require additional surgery.
How long does the procedure take?
The fat transfer procedure is meticulous. There are 3 steps: harvesting the patient’s fat, concentrating the fat and then placing it into the breasts. Each step must be done without damaging the fat cells. Care must be taken to insure the patient’s desired shape is improved and even. The doctor must also remove the dead cells. Finally, the fat is layered into the breasts to ensure the cells have adequate blood supply and an improved shape. Typically, the procedure takes several hours.
What is the average rate of fat cell survival?
Fat cells are fragile and can be easily destroyed if care is not taken by the surgeon. Recent studies at New York University have found a survival rate of 85%.
Where is the treatment performed?
The fat transfer treatment will be performed in our newly renovated medical facility in Cranberry Township. Patient is required to have a driver to take patient home from the surgery or the surgery will be cancelled.
What is the recovery like after the breast augmentation?
Recovery is generally quick and easy. The breasts may be bruised and swollen, but generally, patients do not feel pain. The first few days post surgery, patients may need help moving around. We require a family member or friend to help the patient for at least 24 hours post surgery. Bruising may last up to 3 weeks while the patient may feel tired and sore for about 2 weeks.
When can I exercise after my breast augmentation?
Patients can walk the day after surgery but should wait about 2 weeks to return to light exercise. Patients should not use anything that could interfere with the breasts, so we suggest waiting 3 weeks to continue lifting weights and other upper body activities.
How thin is too thin for fat transfers?
Most women have localized areas of fat in their thighs, abdomen and “love handles.” For very thin patients, we can remove fat from multiple areas.
Call or schedule a consultation to discuss which treatment options is best for you 724-683-7581