Botox cost, Dysport and other Injectables
Over time, the facial muscles we use every day to smile, frown, squint and talk push and pull the skin, creating wrinkles. Injectables make these wrinkles disappear by relaxing underlying muscle, which causes the skin above it to relax and smooth them away. Injectables also prevent future wrinkles by ensuring that they never develop in the first place. Botox cost has become very affordable over the years which has increased its popularity.
Injectables are a great alternative to a facelift or plastic surgery, since the procedure is quick, easy and involves little to no down time. We maximize patient comfort by using the smallest needles available. All injections are done by very experienced staff – Dr. Giraldo, Jeff Houk, P.A. and Diane Andrusky RN
Billions of women and men are now being treated with affordable cost Botox Cosmetic, Dysport and Xeomin. When administered by an experienced medical professional, patients will still smile, frown and look surprised without unwanted fine lines and wrinkles.
Which Injectable is Right for Me?
Botox is a great option for wrinkles and fine lines. Billions of women and men benefit from its effects while enjoying youthful skin. The “liquid facelift” is effective, fast and convenient. Botox lasts 3 months.
Dysport improves facial appearance and reverses up to 20 years of age effects. Dysport is Canada and Europe’s top wrinkle reduction provider since 2000 and has been clinically proven to last 3 1?2 4 months.
Xeomin is a great alternative for patients who are concerned about additives. It does not contain any additives and is a natural option for temporarily eliminating facial folds.
Botulinum toxin is a prescription drug used to treat fine lines, wrinkles, botulinum (an infection that causes serious muscle paralysis), abnormal muscle contraction or twitching, eyelid twitching, crossed eye, and muscle rigidity. Botox drug class is: Acetylcholine Release Inhibitor (Rimabotulinumtoxinb). Pregnancy risks cannot be ruled out; it’s a Category C.P Consult a doctor for all medical concerns.
Please Read – Side Effects, Warnings, How to use, Pre and post care
Commonly Treated Areas
Muscles are responsible for wrinkles. By reducing muscle useage, patients can eliminate the appearance of wrinkles. Injectables relax muscles, which makes fine lines and wrinkles temporarily disappear.
Popular treatment areas:
- Bunny lines in the nasal area, under and outer part of nostrils
- Brow furrows, forehead, frown lines
- Upper lip or fine lines above the lips
- Reduce or prevent thinning lips
- Around sides of eyes (crow’s feet)
- Change in the eyebrow shape (rounded or peaked)
- Soften vertical muscle bands in the neck
- Acne – Pore size and sebum production
- Frown lines (between brows) – glabella, also called smile, laugh or cry lines around the eyes (1’s, 11’s, 111’s)
- Reduce the size of the jaw muscle and help reduce width of jaw
We work hard for great results and provide affordable Botox cost packages!
As a Platinum Plus account, we are the elite Injectors for Allergan’s Nationwide Partner Privilege Program in Western Pa; our patients gain access to our Brilliant Distinctions Botox cost Savings Program.
Here at Advanced Liposuction Center we used Allergan, Galderma and Merz products which are all FDA-approved.
Botox Cost, Preparation and Botox Post Care
We take a complete medical history and examination of the face to make sure that you’re an ideal candidate for injectables. This will determine which areas of the face (crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, laugh lines, etc.) will benefit most from treatment. Since some wrinkles are not caused by muscle contractions, injectables will not be as effective on them and your provider may recommend an alternative treatment such as microdermabrasion, Juvederm, Voluma, Restylane, Lyft, Silk, laser resurfacing or chemical peels.
During the initial consultation, the injectable provider will conduct a full medical history and review of important information such as your skin type, allergies, medications and conditions which may alter treatment:
- Facial surgery in the past, or plans for future surgery
- Any breathing or swallowing problems (emphysema or asthma)
- Hemophilia or other bleeding conditions (or medications that thin blood)
- Negative side effect from past similar products, such as Botox, Dysport, Myobloc, Xeomin
- Weakness in muscles of forehead, such as drooping eyelids or trouble raising brows
- Any changes that have recently appeared on the face
Botox Post Treatment
As with any injection, there may be mild discomfort during treatment, but there should be no after pain. Most see results approximately 7-14 days after treatment, commonly when they notice that the wrinkles are smoothed away and treated facial muscles are more relaxed.
There is no down time involved with injectables. Normal activity may be resumed right away, although it is best to avoid exercise or other strenuous activities for one to two days. We do not recommend a microdermabrasion in the first few days following botox.
- Stop taking diet pills and smoking at least 2 weeks before procedure (smoking can also affect the duration of treatment).
- Do not have a Botox treatment if there are any pimples, open areas, or skin infections at planned treatment site.
- Antibiotics such as Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Amikacin, Netilmicin or others that have aminoglycoside.
- Try to decrease bruising by avoiding nonsteroidal( Alleve, ibuprofen), aspirin type products (ask your doctor), and antiinflammatory meds for 7 10 days prior.
- Certain muscular/neurological conditions Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis, Amyotrophic lateral or LambertEaton syndrome can increase risk.
- Anyone allergic to cow’s milk protein should not get Botox or Dysport.
- Those who are trying to become pregnant, or who are pregnant or nursing.
- Keep head upright 4 to 6 hours and avoid lying down, straining or stooping over. Do not sleep or take a nap with your head in a face down position for 4 hours after treatment.
- Do not touch, massage, rub, or manipulate the treated area for at least 4 hours so that the injectable will remain in the desired muscles and to prevent migration to nearby facial muscles
- Do not take aminoglycoside antibiotics such as amikacin, tobramycin, gentamicin or netilmicin for 14 days
- No headbands, caps or tight hats and wait 2 days to resume strenuous activity or exercise
- Patients may apply makeup, bathe and shower normally after 46 hours
- Call us immediately if you notice difficulty with vision or droopiness in eyelid
- Patients may drive following treatment, but stop immediately if you notice any lightheadedness or other unusual symptoms
- Complications after injectable treatments are very rare, but if anything feels abnormal or if you think you may be developing an allergic reaction, promptly notify your provider. If you have any difficulty swallowing, talking, or breathing go to the nearest emergency room.
Complications after injectable treatments are very rare, but if anything feels abnormal or if you think you may be developing an allergic reaction, promptly notify your provider. If you have any difficulty swallowing, talking, or breathing – go to the nearest emergency room.
Botox Cost reduced with Rewards Programs
Receive discounts on our services by following 3 of our social media pages. Call for this months deals!
The Brilliant Distinctions Program by Allergan rewards patients who receive their favorite wrinkle-relaxing treatments like Botox and Juvederm, or use SkinMedica skin care products including Latisse. Register now: Brilliant Distinctions for the best Botox cost
Botox cost reduced with Aspire Rewards
The Aspire Galderma Program gives back to patients who receive Dysport, Restylane and Perlane treatments. Earn exclusive bonuses, rewards and discounts by signing up here: Aspire Rewards
A: A very low dose during treatment is administered through tiny injections into the muscle responsible for wrinkles. It blocks the releasing of chemicals that cause contracting in muscles, enabling relation. When administered by our expert injectors, effects are localized, do not affect your ability to laugh, smile, or show as much expression.Q: What are the common side effects?A: Side effects following toxin injections are rare, conditions you may see are swelling, temporary eyelid drooping, nausea, infection, inflammation, redness, tenderness, or/and bruising/bleeding.
You should not do this cosmetic treatment if you have neuromuscular disorders such as Myasthenia Gravis, ALS or Lambert-Eaton syndrome because of increased serious side effect risks.Q: Are there any chances of serious side effects?
A: In rare instances, serious side effects or allergic reactions have been reported. These include heart problems and difficulty breathing. If you experience the above or have trouble speaking or swallowing, immediately call 911.Q: What is the treatment like?A: Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are minimally invasive and quick treatments. Together, the patient and specialist will create a treatment plan of injectables to address your areas of concern. Treatment takes about 15 minutes and you return to most normal activities immediately. You do not need anesthesia, but may choose to use a numbing cream or ice pack. Any uncomfortable feeling is brief and minimal.Q: How often do you receive treatment?
A: Repeat injections every 3-4 months for best results. The next injection should be done before the results of last injection completely wears off. The goal is to keep targeted muscles weakened at all times. Schedule your sessions in advance so there is no lapse, allowing frown muscles to regain strength. The goal is to weaken muscles and therefore not able to form wrinkles. Injectables once a year is better than nothing at all, but for best results, inject 3-4 times a year.Q: What is the best way to purchase injectables?
A: Know how much you are getting – avoid places that charge by area, get injectables by unit. It is bad to pay by area because no two people are exactly the same and everyone requires a different amount. Paying by unit will allow you to know exactly what you receive.
FYI – Botox is not charged per syringe, the way fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Silk, Lyft) are.Q: Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
A: Patients usually see marked improvement in a week, it does not make you look like you’ve had overnight work done. Muscle activity that cause frown lines are reduced, so you can look surprised or frown without the creases or permanent wrinkles between the eyebrows.Q: How soon will I see a difference?
A: Expect to see results within 2 weeks after your session, the appearance may continue to improve for you up to 2 weeks. By day 30, 89% of patients saw improvement of their frown lines and between their brows. Results have been shown to last 3-4 months. After that, many patients are ready to return for a follow-up treatment. Your results may vary, be sure to ask us what to expect.Q: Who administers injectables?
A: Only experienced licensed and trained healthcare professionals should administer injectables. We have three cosmetic injectors on staff, Dr. Giraldo, M.D., Jeff Hoak, P.A., and Pamela Mastowski, RN.Q: How do I know cosmetic injectables are right for me?
A: You may be a candidate if you are between the ages of 18 and 65 with moderate to severe frown lines between your brow.
Call today to schedule your Cosmetic Injectable treatment! 724-683-7581.