Call Today 724-683-7581
Visibly Reverse Aging with the Vampire Facelift
Sooner or later, most of us will display the following signs of facial aging:
- Dull, gray skin. As the skin ages it’s blood supply naturally decreases. This leads to a gradual flattening of skin-tone.
- A hollow or collapsed facial shape. This is largely due to the age-related breakdown of the body’s main structural protein, collagen. Most of what we associate with a drooping, sagging face is a result of collagen degradation.
- Roughened, chronically dry skin. Also related to a reduced blood supply and other direct results of the aging process. This contributes to a tired, worn-out appearance.
If you’re dealing with any of the above then you’re probably already interested in facial rejuvenation treatments. In fact you may already receive hugely popular treatments such as injectable fillers (Juvederm, Restylane), microneedling, and laser skin-resurfacing. If you’re already investing in these treatments you should consider the “vampire facelift,” a newer combination therapy. Name aside, this unique approach can trigger a strong, sustained healing response in the face. This visibly reduces all of the above-mentioned primary signs of aging.
Anti Aging with Vampire Facelift
So what’s actually happening when the face begins to look older? It’s simple. The tissue, e.g. the skin, becomes physically damaged due to the countless daily stresses life offers. Every day small amounts of damage are done to the face’s skin. This begins to add up, eventually outstripping the body’s natural regenerative abilities. This process is, by definition, the source of the visible signs of aging. Environmental factors like ultraviolet light, dry heat, chemical exposure, and the relentless force of gravity contribute as well.
Now look at the vampire facelift. It’s actually a combination of two separate yet related therapies, namely microneedling and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. The first is a physical treatment in which hundreds of filament-thin needles are used to perforate the facial skin. This is very different from other popular approaches such as the photofacial, which uses laser-like light to purposely create tiny amounts of trauma.
Vampire Facelift – Hyaluronic Acid upgrade:
This combined approach offers several unique benefits:
- A filler-like effect—Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers add volume to an aging face. The Vampire microneedling and PRP combo increases collagen production, which achieves the same goal.
- A non-surgical lift—the treatment imparts a lifting effect to the entire face. The skin appears tighter as laxity is reduced.
- Cellular rejuvenation—the skin looks younger because it is. New, healthier skin cells replace old ones as healing occurs.
- Improved skin tone—Vampire treatments directly stimulate collagen production. The skin’s texture and firmness are improved. Older, roughened skin softens as it repairs itself.
- A re-shaping effect—the face takes on a younger shape as collagen is replenished.
- Dramatic wrinkle reduction—fine lines often disappear completely (although temporarily) after this type of treatment. Deeper wrinkles such as frown lines are reduced or even eliminated, too.
- Blemish and mark reduction—many types of skin irregularities resolve after this rejuvenating treatment. This includes acne scars and other minor scarring, sun spots, age spots, and other pigmented markings.
This combined treatment delivers results which last for about 18 months. Most people see the full results in about 3 weeks.
Stem Cell Enhancement
An enhanced version of the vampire facelifts uses a solution which contains umbilical cord and amniotic stem cells. These can be ethically harvested during the birthing process, effectively making use of tissue that would otherwise be discarded.
These solutions have the following properties:
- A very high level of young, living, healthy stem cells.
- High concentrations of growth factors, up to 10x the amount found in standard Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections.
- Naturally occurring Hyaluronic Acid (HA). Once injected, this HA directly lifts and plumps the face.
The living stem cells in the prepared injections are young, and can offer regenerative benefits for an indefinite period. This innovative treatment is truly a regenerative therapy, and can make long-term, substantial improvements in overall skin health possible.
Micro-needling: natural skin resurfacing with Dermapen
The purpose of Micro-needling is to “trick” the skin into repair itself through the natural healing process. This leaves the face looking dramatically younger, often after a single treatment. Fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, sun spots, age spots, and other pigmented marks are reduced or eliminated.
The Dermapen is the small, pen-shaped medical device that’s typically used to perform Micro-needling. Patients should only receive treatments using this type of tool. Rollers and other non-medical devices are sometimes used, yet the results are almost always inferior.
Micro-needling is one of the safest and most natural options available to patients of all skin types. It isn’t a laser treatment, and uses no harsh chemicals such as whitening agents. It’s also not an injectable filler or wrinkle relaxer. Instead, it achieves similar result by triggering a powerful healing response. This causes a large increase in collagen and elastin production, proteins found in abundance in young, healthy skin.
The stand-alone treatments:
Microneedling—a high-end medical spa treatment which can deliver 3-5 months of very substantial anti-aging results. The name itself is quite descriptive. During treatment, a specialized instrument containing a bank of ultra-fine wire needles is used to perforate the skin. Many holes, on the order of hundreds of thousands, are intentionally poked into the top layers of the skin.
The second purpose of Micro-needling is delivering topical serums deep into the skin. These contain Hyaluronic Acid (HA) in most cases, the same active ingredient in popular facial fillers. Micro-needling delivers HA deep within the skin where it can remain for some time. The compound then provides a plumping effect as it absorbs and locks-in moisture.